June 29, 2021
During a virtual ceremony held this afternoon, the Strait Regional Centre for Education extended congratulations and sincere thanks to the retirees of 2021 for their many years of dedicated service and significant contributions to students, families and school communities in the Strait Region.
On behalf of the Strait Regional Centre for Education, I sincerely thank our retirees of 2021 for the many contributions they have made to public education throughout their distinguished careers. I extend my deepest gratitude to them as they conclude one chapter of their life and begin the next exciting phase.
People who choose careers in the field of public education are more than just employees. Regardless of the position they hold, all retirees have had a tremendous impact on the lives of our students and families. Their commitment and leadership have played an important role in our students’ well-being, achievement and success. Their devotion to our students, colleagues, school communities, and to the public education system in the Strait Region as a whole has made a meaningful difference in our students’ lives, now and well into their future.
Although there have been many changes in public education over the years, one very important factor has remained constant. Students still rely on, and need the guidance, wisdom and support of our staff. There is no substitute for a competent, caring adult when it comes to helping our children and youth achieve their success. The students whose lives the retirees have touched are making tremendous contributions to our communities, our province, our country and indeed the world, and our retirees are in no small part responsible for their success. Thank you for being mentors and caregivers to our future leaders.
I extend to each retiree my sincere congratulations and may good health and happiness be theirs in retirement. They will indeed be missed.
Sincere best wishes to the SRCE retirees of 2021!
Regional Executive Director of Education
Strait Regional Centre for Education
The honourees of 2021 are:
- Joseph (Joe) Broussard, School Bus Driver, Antigonish Area
- Calvin Burke, School Bus Driver, Richmond County Area
- Regis Burke, Janitor, East Richmond Education Centre
- Charlotte Cameron, Teacher, Dalbrae Academy
- MacFarlene (Farlie) Carroll, School Bus Driver, Sherbrooke Area
- Janice DeCoste, Teacher, Tamarac Education Centre
- Louise DesRochers, Teacher, Tamarac Education Centre and Cape Breton Highlands Education Centre/Academy
- Faye Doyle, Janitor, Richmond Education Centre/Academy
- Gwen Fougere, Teacher Assistant, SAERC
- Mary Gillis, Teacher Assistant, Dalbrae Academy
- Robert Gillis, Maintenance, Mulgrave Operations Centre
- Ethel Kipp, Teacher Assistant, Richmond Education Centre/Academy
- Sheri Lambourne, Speech-Language Pathologist, Programs and Student Services Department
- Chrissi Lynch, Coordinator of Student Services, Programs and Student Services Department
- Brian MacDonald, Teacher, St. Andrew Junior School
- Edna MacDonald, Teacher Assistant, Tamarac Education Centre
- Mary MacDougall, Janitor, Dalbrae Academy
- Kathy MacEachern, Teacher, H.M. MacDonald Elementary School
- Lynda MacEachern, Library Technician, Inverness Education Centre/Academy
- Jesslyn MacLellan, Teacher, Inverness Education Centre/Academy
- Donald (Don) MacNeil, School Bus Driver, Inverness County Area
- Mike Mansfield, Janitor, St. Andrew Junior School
- Bernadette Martell, Teacher Assistant, Richmond Education Centre/Academy
- Wayne Mason, Teacher, Dr. John Hugh Gillis Regional High School
- Veronica Novak, Teacher Assistant, Antigonish Education Centre
- Judy Patterson, School Secretary, St. Andrew Junior School
- Ernie Pellerine, Building Operator, SAERC
- Gerald Pelly, School Bus Driver, Guysborough Area
- Catherine (Cathy) Rankin, Secretary/Receptionist, Regional Office
- Peter Van Heighten, School Bus Driver, Antigonish Area
- Yvonne Voerman, Teacher Assistant, Dr. John Hugh Gillis Regional High School