Families who wish to register children for the Pre-primary Program during the summer (July and August 2019) may begin the registration process by completing the registration form available at this link, School Registration Form: Pre-primary Program Only, and forwarding it by email to Carolyn Webber, Manager of Pre-Primary and Early Years Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pre-primary Program is available at the following school locations:
- Antigonish Education Centre (Antigonish)
- Bayview Education Centre (Port Hood)
- Cape Breton Highlands Education Centre/Academy (Terre Noire) including children from Pleasant Bay
- Chedabucto Education Centre/Guysborough Academy (Guysborough)
- East Antigonish Education Centre/Academy (Monastery)
- East Richmond Education Centre (St. Peters)
- Fanning Education Centre/Canso Academy (Hazel Hill)
- Felix Marchand Education Centre (Louisdale)
- H.M. MacDonald Elementary School (Maryvale)
- Inverness Education Centre/Academy (Inverness)
- St. Andrews Consolidated School (St. Andrews)
- St. Mary’s Education Centre/Academy (Sherbrooke)
- Tamarac Education Centre (Port Hawkesbury)
- Whycocomagh Education Centre (Whycocomagh)
Important Registration Information
- Children who are four (4) years of age on or before December 31, 2019, are eligible to attend.
- Once schools reopen (Monday, August 26, 2019), parents are required to complete the registration process by providing a copy of the child’s birth certificate and provincial health card information to the respective school. Registrations by telephone will not be accepted.
- It is not necessary for children to accompany parents/guardians to the school for registration.
- Families are responsible for transporting their children to and from the pre-primary program.
- This is a voluntary program and children may only attend for one year.
- There is no fee for the Program.
- The Program will run from September 2019 to June 2020.
- Families must live within the respective school’s catchment area to be eligible to attend.
- When there are available pre-primary spaces, families who live outside a school’s catchment area may apply to have their child attend a Program out of catchment by submitting an Application for Transfer of Students within the Region Request Form. These spaces are limited and will only be considered when space is available and no additional staffing is required to accommodate the request.
For more information, or if you require assistance with the registration process, please contact Carolyn Webber, Manager of Pre-Primary and Early Years Programs at email@example.com / 902-631-4617; or visit https://www.ednet.ns.ca/pre-primary.