The Strait Regional Centre for Education is pleased to announce the opening schedule for the Pre-Primary Programs at all fourteen (14) school locations.
- Orientation Session for Children and Parents/Guardians: Friday, August 31, 2018, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Families will visit the school with their child, meet staff and receive program information.
- First Day for Children: Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Note: Families will be contacted during the week of August 27-30, 2018, to confirm details regarding the orientation at their respective school. Program hours will vary depending on individual school schedules. The Program will run from September 2018 to June 2019.
The Pre-Primary Program locations are as follows:
- Antigonish Education Centre (Antigonish)
- Bayview Education Centre (Port Hood)
- Cape Breton Highlands Education Centre/Academy (Terre Noire)
- Chedabucto Education Centre/Guysborough Academy (Guysborough)
- East Antigonish Education Centre/Academy (Monastery)
- East Richmond Education Centre (St. Peters)
- Fanning Education Centre/Canso Academy (Hazel Hill)
- Felix Marchand Education Centre (Louisdale)
- H.M. MacDonald Elementary School (Maryvale)
- Inverness Education Centre/Academy (Inverness)
- St. Andrews Consolidated School (St. Andrews)
- St. Mary’s Education Centre/Academy (Sherbrooke)
- Tamarac Education Centre (Port Hawkesbury)
- Whycocomagh Education Centre (Whycocomagh)
Children who are four (4) years of age on or before December 31, 2018, are eligible to attend. The child’s birth certificate, provincial health card and a completed registration form are required to complete the registration process. The School Registration Form for 2018-2019 may be accessed in the Document Depot section of the website at www.srce.ca.
Please note that there is no fee to attend the Pre-Primary Program, it is a voluntary program and children may only attend for one year. Parents/guardians are also responsible for transporting their children to and from the program.
For more information on the Pre-Primary Program or to register your child, parents/guardians may contact Carolyn Webber, Manager of Pre-Primary and Early Years Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org / 902-631-4617. For more background information, please visit https://www.ednet.ns.ca/pre-primary.