The Strait Regional Centre for Education is pleased to announce the opening schedule for the Pre-Primary Programs for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Orientation Sessions for Children and Parents/Guardians:
Friday, August 30, 2019, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Families may visit the school with their child at either of these times to meet staff and to receive program information.
- First Day for Children: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Note: The Program will run from September 2019 to June 2020. Program hours will vary depending on individual school schedules.
The Pre-Primary Program locations are as follows:
- Antigonish Education Centre (Antigonish) (Phone: 902-870-9756/9758/9766)
- Bayview Education Centre (Port Hood) (Phone: 902-631-4459)
- Cape Breton Highlands Education Centre/Academy (Terre Noire) (Phone: 902-224-0582)
- Chedabucto Education Centre/Guysborough Academy (Guysborough) (Phone: 902-870-4100)
- East Antigonish Education Centre/Academy (Monastery) (Phone: 902-870-2505)
- East Richmond Education Centre (St. Peters) (Phone: 902-631-5694)
- Fanning Education Centre/Canso Academy (Hazel Hill) (Phone: 902-870-4104)
- Felix Marchand Education Centre (Louisdale) (Phone: 902-631-5459)
- H.M. MacDonald Elementary School (Maryvale) (Phone: 902-863-2096)
- Inverness Education Centre/Academy (Inverness) (Phone: 902-258-5941)
- St. Andrews Consolidated School (St. Andrews) (Phone: 902-870-9437)
- St. Mary’s Education Centre/Academy (Sherbrooke) (Phone: 902-870-4145)
- Tamarac Education Centre (Port Hawkesbury) (Phone: 902-631-5724/5810)
- Whycocomagh Education Centre (Whycocomagh) (Phone: 902-631-4763)
Children who are four (4) years of age on or before December 31, 2019, are eligible to attend. The child’s birth certificate, provincial health card and a completed registration form are required to complete the registration process. The School Registration Form for 2019-2020 may be accessed in the Document Depot section of the website at www.srce.ca. Please note that there is no fee to attend the Pre-Primary Program, it is a voluntary program and children may only attend for one year.
For more information on the Pre-Primary Program or to register your child, parents/guardians may contact Carolyn Webber, Manager of Pre-Primary and Early Years Programs at email@example.com/902-631-4617. On or after Wednesday, August 28, 2019, families may contact the Pre-Primary Program directly at the numbers listed above. For more background information, please visit https://www.ednet.ns.ca/pre-primary.