Families who wish to register children for the Pre-primary Program for the 2020-2021 school year may do so at the following school locations:
- Antigonish Education Centre (Antigonish)
- Bayview Education Centre (Port Hood)
- Cape Breton Highlands Education Centre/Academy (Terre Noire)
- Chedabucto Education Centre/Guysborough Academy (Guysborough)
- East Antigonish Education Centre/Academy (Monastery)
- East Richmond Education Centre (St. Peters)
- Fanning Education Centre/Canso Academy (Hazel Hill)
- Felix Marchand Education Centre (Louisdale)
- H.M. MacDonald Elementary School (Maryvale)
- Inverness Education Centre/Academy (Inverness)
- St. Andrews Consolidated School (St. Andrews)
- St. Mary’s Education Centre/Academy (Sherbrooke)
- Tamarac Education Centre (Port Hawkesbury)
- Whycocomagh Education Centre (Whycocomagh)
Important Registration Information
- Children who are four (4) years of age on or before December 31, 2020, are eligible to attend.
- Registration must be completed in person at the school. At that time, the child’s birth certificate, provincial health card and completed school registration form are required to complete the registration process. Registrations by telephone will not be accepted.
- The School Registration Form may be accessed in the Document Depot section of the Strait Regional Centre for Education website at www.srce.ca or at the school.
- It is not necessary for children to accompany parents/guardians to the school for registration.
- In the SRCE, busing is available to all pre-primary children eligible to receive bus service. Please contact the SRCE Transportation Department staff at 902-747-3645 to determine your eligibility to receive bus service.
- This is a voluntary program and children may only attend for one year.
- There is no fee for the Program.
- The Program will run from September 2020 to June 2021.
- When there are available pre-primary spaces, families who live outside a school’s catchment area may apply to have their child attend a Program out of catchment by submitting an Application for Transfer of Students within the Region Request Form located in the Document Depot of the SRCE website. These spaces are limited and will only be considered when space is available and no additional staffing is required to accommodate the request.
- Bus routes will not be altered in the event that a child has been approved to attend a Program outside their families catchment area.
For more information, or if you require assistance with the registration process, please contact Carolyn Webber, Manager of Pre-Primary and Early Years Programs at email@example.com / 902-631-4617; or visit https://www.ednet.ns.ca/pre-primary.