The Strait Regional Centre for Education (SRCE) is in close contact with public health officials through the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. We are following their guidance and advice to prepare and respond to COVID-19. Currently, our focus is on prevention and preparation.
Please access the SRCE Learning @ Home page for learning and curriculum sites for students, families and teachers.
The SRCE is communicating regularly with families as the international situation evolves. All messages to families can be found below.
Messages to Families
March 13, 2020 - Letter to Students, Staff and Families (Re: New Travel Protocols for Teachers, Students, Staff)
March 11, 2020 - Letter to Families (Re: Information and Updates on COVID-19 - Hand Washing Guide and Fact Sheet)
March 4, 2020 - Letter to Families (Re: Cancellation of School-Organized Student Trips to International Destinations)
February 28, 2020 - Letter to Families (Re: School-Student Travel and the Coronoavirus)
Information and Updates
Find accurate and up-to-date information on COVID-19, including when to seek help at:
- Province of Nova Scotia: novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus Information Line – 1-833-784-4397
- Government of Canada toll-free information line 1-833-784-4397
- The Mental Health Provincial Crisis Line is available 24/7 to anyone experiencing a mental health or addictions crisis, or someone concerned about them, by calling 1-888-429-8167 (toll free)
- Kids Help Phone is available 24/7, by calling 1-800-668-6868 (toll-free)
- Mental Health and Well-Being Resources at https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/mental-health/.