Pre-primary Program Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year
Pre-primary Program Registration Information
Families who wish to pre-register children for the Pre-primary Program may do so the week of January 25 to 29, 2021.
The Pre-primary Program is available at the following school locations:
- Antigonish Education Centre (Antigonish)
- Bayview Education Centre (Port Hood)
- Cape Breton Highlands Education Centre/Academy (Terre Noire)
- Chedabucto Education Centre/Guysborough Academy (Guysborough)
- East Antigonish Education Centre/Academy (Monastery)
- East Richmond Education Centre (St. Peters)
- Fanning Education Centre/Canso Academy (Hazel Hill)
- Felix Marchand Education Centre (Louisdale)
- H.M. MacDonald Elementary School (Maryvale)
- Inverness Education Centre/Academy (Inverness)
- St. Andrews Consolidated School (St. Andrews)
- St. Mary’s Education Centre/Academy (Sherbrooke)
- Tamarac Education Centre (Port Hawkesbury)
- Whycocomagh Education Centre (Whycocomagh)
Eligibility and Program Information
- Children who are four (4) years of age on or before December 31, 2021 are eligible to attend.
- Registration is a two-step process:
- Complete the online pre-registration form (accessible on January 25, 2021) located on the SRCE website at srce.ca.
- Complete the School Registration Form which may be accessed in the Document Depot section of the SRCE website and send the Form directly to the school via mail or email along with a copy of the child’s birth certificate and provincial health card.
- Parents/guardians may also begin the registration process by contacting their local school.
- This is a voluntary program and children may only attend for one year.
- There is no fee for the Program.
- The Program will run from September 2021 to June 2022.
- When there are available pre-primary spaces, families who live outside a school's catchment area may apply to have child attend a Program out of catchment by submitting an Application for Transfer of Students within the Region Request Form located in the Document Depot of the SRCE website. Families must first pre-register at their local school prior to submitting a transfer request. These spaces are limited and will only be considered when space is available and no additional staffing is required to accommodate the request.
- In the event a child has been approved to attend a Program outside their family’s catchment area, bus routes will not be altered.
In the SRCE, busing is available to all pre-primary children eligible to receive bus service. Please contact the SRCE Transportation Department staff at 902-747-3645 to determine your eligibility to receive bus service.
Additional Information and Questions
For more information, or if you require assistance with the registration process, please contact Carolyn Webber, Manager of Pre-Primary and Early Years Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org / 902-631-4617; or visit https://www.ednet.ns.ca/pre-primary.