Further to the provincial announcement of more inclusive education supports for students made by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development on Thursday, May 2, 2019, the Strait Regional Centre for Education is very excited about this news! For the SRCE, the following additional inclusive education supports of 13.5 full-time equivalent (FTE) positions (both teaching and non-teaching) are on the way for September 2019:
- Teacher Assistants (2 FTEs)
- Child and Youth Care Practitioners (3 FTEs)
- Mi’kmaq Student Support Worker (1 FTE)
- Pre-Primary Inclusion Coach (1 FTE)
- Guidance Counsellors (2 FTEs)
- Autism Teacher Specialist (1 FTE)
- Resource Teacher (1 FTE)
- Community Outreach Worker (1 FTE)
- School Psychology/Speech Language Pathologist (1 FTE)
- Student Health Partnership Nurse (0.5 FTE)
Staff in these new positions will work in partnership with our teachers and administrators to enhance supports for our students.
For more information, please see the news release issued by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development – More Inclusive Education Supports for Students. A copy of the complete listing of new inclusive education supports may be accessed at Inclusive Education Supports Fact Sheet.